[SinfulBliss] Ban Appeal

Byond Account: SinfulBliss
Character Name(s): Axle Brady
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): sinfulbliss
Round ID of Ban: 31642
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):
The ban reason is: Following grief patrol of round 31641. Core 2 - grief, RDM, antag 1.1. As blood brother, killed multiple non-target crew members as well as killed and cremated HoS (also not a target). Take this time to read the rules at: Server Rules | Fulpstation Wiki
This ban (BanID #41125) was applied by Skibi on 2024-04-06 01:53:28 during round ID 31642.

I responded to the grief report with details, but the ban was applied by the time I sent my response, so I thought I should post an appeal.

First:

cremated HoS (also not a target)

This is incorrect, I never cremated the HoS. The only person I cremated was the QM (an assassination target).

Also, I think this was fixed, but originally the ban reason said:

cremated HoS and QM (also non-targets).

The QM was my target, and that’s why I cremated him. HoS wasn’t my target and was just a pursuing sec officer in brig, so he was just killed (not RR’d). I’m not sure if someone else RR’d him later.

The fight began when my BB (RD, Dustin White) got caught by cap. I saw the cap dragging him cuffed near the Bridge. We got into a gunfight and I killed the cap to uncuff and free my BB.

At some point an officer, Walter Dugmore, started pursuing us in the main halls. He dropped a flashbang and we lasered him.

Shortly after, we went to lavaland to kill our shaft miner target. My BB died in lavaland to a legion, so I grabbed his body and brought him to med to revive him. By then the cap was revived and was with the detective in med, so they arrested my BB again right after I got him out of crit.

I shot the cap to get my BB back, he returned fire, and a big fight broke out. Everyone in med started attacking me (which makes sense, I was shooting at the captain). Aphel, the med doc that made the grief report, shoved me and grabbed my Unica .357, unloading it at me. The chaplain, Seeks-The-Soup, also decided to join in the fight, spam-throwing a body at me, and eventually beartrapped me, forcing me to retreat and leave my BB crit in med.

You’re knocked down from a shove by Aphel Moanne!
You’re kicked onto your side by Aphel Moanne!
Aphel Moanne fires the Unica 6 auto-revolver!
x2
You’re hit by .357 bullet in the right arm!

Seeks-The-Soup grabs DERRICK THE INTERNET WIZARD aggressively!
Seeks-The-Soup hurls DERRICK THE INTERNET WIZARD.
Seeks-The-Soup flings DERRICK THE INTERNET WIZARD.
Seeks-The-Soup flings DERRICK THE INTERNET WIZARD.
[several of these]
Seeks-The-Soup throws the bear trap.
You trigger the bear trap!
Your right leg janks violently and becomes unseated!
Seeks-The-Soup hisses, “Hehe”

Locked in.
You dispel the portal with the hand tele!
You attempt to remove the bear trap… (This will take around 30 seconds and you need to stand still.)

After I removed the beartrap, I came back to med to save my crit BB, and that’s when I killed Aphel and the chaplain. They were non-targets but had been trying to kill me, so I feel that should justify my actions. I’m not sure how I would have been able to treat my crit, deblooded BB in med otherwise.

Venus the chef was also chasing after me with a knife even after I had retreated from med, so I killed her as well. (Earlier, she had followed me and my BB all the way from cargo to the crematorium when we went to cremate the QM, although she didn’t do anything until the fight in med).

In sum, every single person I killed was out of self-defense or was an objective – I was not RDM’ing. The crew had essentially formed a lynchmob against us, which cap called after he was revived.

Captain’s Announcement: Okay, gang. Comms are down. Security is, as far as I know, all dead. Axle Brady and Dustin White, the RD, are at large. It’s either a lynch-mob, you tell me where these two are, or a shuttle.
[Common] Mercury VII asks, “Wonderful. SO, what’s it gonna be, crew? Lynch-mob, mass-snitching on the location of these two silly-billies, or a shuttle?”
[Common] Seeks-The-Soup hisses, “Lynch mob, blesssed by god”

Even after this, I didn’t go around RDM’ing, and I only killed people directly trying to interfere while I was saving my bloodbrother.

The rule breaking with the HoS cremation was on your brother’s side, you aren’t responsible for his actions so this is appealed

1 Like