SolitaireStation: New Map Feedback thread

there’s a small arcade lounge to the right of sci that looks a bit empty and an arcade machine called “random arcade” the arcade machine isn’t playable.

Eos flashbacks.

cool station though i hope it gets added permanently sometime.

1 Like
Big post with a lot of large images

no1 tell him

This part under perma isn’t connected, could use replacing the injector with a passive vent too.

VbS1idEqXr

Hidden fire alarm @ gateway

Annoying sink placement @viro access

Both of these are Service Hallway APCs

two of the same APC

@ aux construction zone

@ kitchen

y hasnt tg made them auto name themselves

raises an eyebrow

art room in the recreation area

Starboard maints has 2 apc for the same area

This part of the wall doesn’t seem to have an assigned area and there is some slight window stacking below.

Opposedly this part of viro in space has an assigned area when it probably shouldn’t.

This air alarm does not control any vent or scrubber the one on its side two tiles to the left controls everything in plasmaman medbay

Also there was a pretty severe lack of space heaters or I didn’t know where to look for them as we struggled with breaches from the ninja bolting open every airlock. As the station is quite big it should have an exponentially higher amount of space heaters to make up for it or something.

Lastly I noticed the external airlocks aren’t updated to match this PR:
Airlock improvements, mainly external [MDB IGNORE] by Cyberboss · Pull Request #62161 · tgstation/tgstation · GitHub

Many solar arrays do not seem to have wires underneath the solar panels. I am assuming this is not intended to be a thing for the engineers to do, since the spots where the wires belong are covered up with solar flooring, not giving the impression of the arrays being IC unfinished.

I think the gas disappearing from the loop may just be that the concentration was far too low to notice any increase in the chamber. I think it happened the last time I accidentally spaced all the SM N2 as well.

we put 2 full tanks in after it drained and i kept an eye on gas pressure from the console, it went from about 300 to 0 over time, the gas was leaking somewhere.

thanks for all the feedback so far. Just FYI, I’ve updated the station based on all this feedback to this point, and from feedback on discord etc.

i like it

this is in regards to the state of the map where there were 3 centcom officials. i didnt write down the round ID. woops. i wrote this down post shift and havent read anyone elses posts so sorry for whatever ends up being repetitious.

general thoughts: i played on it a few months ago during the last feedback phase. absolutely comes across as a high pop only map but lately that sounds better and better to have as an option. i feel like it needs a higher average threat rating than usual simply due to the size creating a significant buffer between conflict and damaging enough of the station to cause a meaningful threat as most antags seems quite difficult. my experiences so far have only been much longer than average rounds.

medbay
medbay exams seems big/spaced enough to be able to build up
new plasma room location is super nice but seeminly incredibly easy to steal a plasma can from it.
pharm/plumbing had power issues. rest of the station seemed fine. unsure why yet. probably an easy enough fix though.
maybe mark viro more clearly? its fairly well “hidden” if you dont already know where it is but that wont be much of an issue if its in rotation.
i liked the set up of the 2 surgery rooms. ill enjoy making a one a home as doc and just powering through ressurecting peope in peace.

arrivals shuttle low side doors just send you straight to space (dont be stupid, yeah, but i saw 3 people immediately yeet themselves out at shift start)
SM set up had a super tidy look to it which was nice to see. didnt check out atmos though.
perma is pretty cool and i like the layout of sec a lot
shift start ragecage is arguably the best idea any map creator has implemented
grav gen looked incredibly vulnerable once people figure out where it is.
public tool storage seemed very tiny. didnt see a second one and maybe there is one but if not then another would be very nice for the size of the station.

looking forward to getting a nightmare round on it. those expansive maints as a playground seem fun as hell.

all in all i think it seems like a very promising station. looking forward to seeing it pop up more often in trials for feedback. hopefully it can make it into rotation for those ~120ish player shifts.

The hallways are a bit long and empty, and could use more various doodads and vending machines to give it the proper feel of corporate hell.

I generally like it and feel it should remain in rotation (and continue improving with all this stuff people are saying, a lot of which is higher priority than a Doodad Pass). The important thing to me is each station’s layout feels significantly different, and I think this fits the bill.

Also my first impression is some parts of the station don’t have maints as developed as others, but I’ve only played like 1.5 shifts on the station so I could be dead wrong there. A good station has plenty of maints near every dept so evil can fester there. (Especially with things like blob you don’t want every blob to end up wanting to start in the same location, for example.)

the hallways seem way to empty to be honest, maybe they just need something to be there?

This drawer in CE office is unreachable and poly is infinitely doomed to sitting on that one tile.

Alright so about brig, when the armoury is open literally anyone in brig can access it, so lawyers and anyone who trespasses brig/ got out of a brig cell.
Perma brig’s transfer room doesn’t have any chairs which really help with transfering prisoners cause buckling, and also the prisoners can’t access the door in the room that leads to perma so they still need sec to let them in (also not sure if there was any button to bolt the door shut so no perma could wander in while you’re transfering a prisoner).
also a perma prisoner got a hold of a toolbox that they used to break the windows to attempt to break out, not sure where they got it from but that makes breaking out way too easy.
other than that brig seems fine and grand from what i could tell.

This door doesn’t work

It seems to be based on the area or something. It wasn’t access-related anyway.

HOP TIKET COUNTER DONT WORk

is it just me or is the cargo shuttle a little small for such a big station?

there’s some places in maint that look a bit odd where they look like they’re missing a corner wall

AH! The area used to be the cryobeds room that our server turns into the punch bags, i think that zone got deleted(?) with cryo beds and i didn’t notice. Fixed now, so it will work if the rec room apc works